Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Alpha Thoughts

I love this Alpha course. Of course it is a joy to share the good news of the gospel of Jesus Christ. It is a pleasure for me to talk about the questions people have about God. I am thankful for the opportunity and the program. But it goes even deeper than that. I just love the fellowship and sharing aspect.
The latest Alpha course we are doing right now should have been finished months ago. We are not. You see Nicky talking in front of 100's of people. We have dwindled down to 3 of us. While we began Alpha with grand catered dinners in a rented halls, we are now in our homes, eating humble home cooked meals and sharing with each other.
I have so enjoyed the time with our 2 participants. In a rural sense they are neighbours. In a Godly sense, they have become brothers and sisters. In a heritage sense they are kin. I thank and praise God that I have been able to fellowship with these 2 wonderful people.
Mr X is an amazing cook with a great sense of hunour. Mrs. X has a gift for hospitality and caring and helping others. But best of all, they are Scottish....haha. My Granny was Scottish. Listening to them talk reminds me of my Grannie. Listening to their storied lives takes me back to stories my Grannie told.
My Grannie passed away a number of years ago. I think of her often. I miss her. She was a wonderful christian woman. I am proud of her and I am proud of my heritage.
I am so grateful that these two wise people, Mr X and Mrs X, have had a calling in their hearts to better understand God and His Word for us. I am even more grateful that I was the one chosen to explore these questions with them.
I wish I could say I had all the answers to their questions. I wish I had responses to some of their objections or beleifs that might differ from my own. I just dont. What I do have is a love for them as seeking people. I now have a love for them as brothers and sisters.
As we are nearing the end of this course I am asking myself. Was this a success? What did we do that we could have done better? Should we insist on Holy Spirit weekend? Do we have minimum numbers? While I am busy pondering these questions, God is moving on their hearts.
I guess I should just sum it up through cyber prayer...........

God, thank You. Thank You for being present with us. Thank You for Your Word and Your eternal faithfulness. Thank You that it is not about fancy convincing words that I may have. Thank You that its not about using apologetics to grant people to Your kingdom. Thank you that even in the awkward moments of silence that You were there. Father I pray that You will continue to work in the hearts of Mr and Mrs X. Lord would You fill the holes, cover the wounds, answer the questions, and comfort their minds. Mr X is a very wise and learned man. You know that cause You created him. Lord would You help him take his head knowledge and move it to his heart. Would You grant him the simple faith that he is seeking. Lord, when these two dear people wake up in the morning, would You be there to great them with open arms and a trusting spirit. Would You make it OK for them not to have all the answers. Lord, You have time and again proven Your love and faithfulness to Your people. Would You make these two poeple know exactly who You are and would You remind them daily fo Your sacrifice for them. This is a tough world with lots of competition. Would You drown out all the distraction that might be keeping them from a greater relationship with You. Thankyou Lord for using me, a broken vessel, to share Your love with them. Would You continue to use me as You see fit. Guide me and strengthen me, that Your power and glory might be revealed to this dark world. I pray this in and through the name of the one who died for me, Jesus Christ. All Praise and Glory to Your name. amen

dw

2 comments:

  1. Don,

    So awesome to read how God has been working in Alpha. Let's get together.
    Can you have Breakfast this Saturday morning 8am at Judy's to chat about Alpha?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don..I would love to get together for lunch or breakfast sometime. my cell is (905) 703-1409.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead....Make my day!