Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Praise the Lord Event Part 1

I ordered some custom timber for my house months ago. I will be using the pine beams to create a study den library for my wife and myself. Well the beams have been ready for quite some time, but I haven't been able to come up with the dough to pay. I recently received a commission cheque and quickly set the money aside. I called and told him everything was a go. I was to take delivery of the wood yesterday. One problem.... my car broke down last week and I had some extra expense arrive due to my car accident. This left me $250.00 shy of the amount owing. I had already arranged delivery and dreaded having to tell him that I didn't have all the money.
This really worried me. I know he would have been OK and would have understood, but my pride was hurting.
I arrived at the office yesterday and was handed an unexpected bonus cheque of $270.00. Praise the Lord! I went to the bank, collected the dough and went home happy as a lark that I would be spared the embarrassment of not being able to pay.

Did I say Praise the Lord already? Well I'll say it again.....Praise the Lord!

dw

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead....Make my day!