Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Sunday, November 20, 2005

69 Chevrolet Camaro Convertible

I was talking to my mom(hero) about new life. We were lamenting the fact that we have a hard time letting go the past. Its like we cling to our dirty laundry and while doing so, deny ourselves the freedom. Jake put it well at EVAC today when he said we turn those old things into idols, that are designed to distract us from God. Jake also said that we could go along way, just by simply forgiving ourselves. Why is it that we can accept the forgiveness from the Master of the Universe, but we cant forgive ourselves? Whats that all about? Why do I do this? Why am I my own judge jury or referee? Holy Cow, if it was up to me it would be...off with their heads......stone them. WOW.....stop it Don.

Anyway I wanted to tell you a neat story mom told me to illustrate.

So.....You've always wanted a 69 Chevrolet Camaro convertible. One day you find one in a barn. Its a mess. Its dirty and full off mouse poop. The windsheild is cracked and it needs a new front quarter panel. The wheels are all flat and it is a mess.

Somehow, you see through the mess and the work and you begin to imagine how great this car will be when you are done. So you get down to work. The job is bigger than you thought, but the dream keeps you going.
You work day and night on that car, sometime foresaking other things.
Your work is intense until one day you see that you've acheived the dream.

The car of your greatest imagination stands before you sparkling and spectacular. There in the room beside are the old broken car parts. The ripped apolstry, the dirty rags, the dented quarter panel and the broken windsheid. All the crap and mouse poop sits in the trash can in the corner.

Well, by this time you are pretty proud of your acheivement, and you want to show off your new car.
and here is where the rubber hits the road...........................

Do you show off the car or the rubbish?
Do you bring your freind directly to the crap and say...look at all this crap
or do you say. Hey lets take this baby for a spin.

Well Jake had fun with RAP today saying
"ya got junk in yur trunk and ya need ta take it to the dump"

Meanwhile, I got a bunch of car parts that I need to take out to the dumpster where it belongs. No I dont own a 69 Chevrolet Camaro convertible....but I wish I did!

dw

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead....Make my day!