Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Saturday, November 19, 2005

Baptism Night

What a great evening! We had 3 people get baptised tonight.
It is always awesome to hear their testamonies and share the moment with them.

One thing I noticed was the reference to the fact that baptism in itself is not a saving act. No baptism is an outward sign of an inward reality.

For many of us who were baptised as children, we struggle at first with the need to have an adult baptism. What I heard tonight was the same thing I went through. There is a desire inside that builds. This is a desire is to be obedient and do it like Jesus did.This builds to the point where its no longer about should I or shouldnt I, but more so, something we want to do.

The congregation was supportive as always. Its such a great night that no one wants to miss it. Also, worship this evening was great. Poeple really came out to Praise and to Worship Gods goodness and grace. Nothing like a great occassion to bring us all together. There was a real spirit of love and fellowship. I am certain that God was with us tonight. His Holy Spirit and grace was abundant for us.

Praise be to God for His provisions for us!

4 comments:

  1. It was a great night indeed! You did a great job on guitar too! It's always great on nights like that to hear and see what God is doing in peoples lives!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was one of the three baptised on Saturday night. What a joyous, up-lifting, exhilarating experience! I have been on a natural high ever since. I feel the Holy Spirit working in my life like never before! The worship was incredible, the outpouring of love and support from everyone was overwhelming; and yes, the water was very, very cold. Praise God!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was especially nice to be there! I'm really proud of you! You spoke very well and it was a joy to watch you go under...freezing water and all!
    Blessings on you
    dw

    ReplyDelete
  4. The water was cold. i mean like really cold. i mean like not just a little cold or kinda cold or sorta cold but cold.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead....Make my day!