Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Friday, December 23, 2005

I'll Say...It's a Brand New Day!

I finished!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I finished my Old Testament Foundations Essay!!!!!!!!!
I can't believe it. Man I almost screwed up big time>
For some reason I had it in my head that the essay was due Dec 23. When actually it was due December 22..
I cause so much stress on myself!
Thank goodness for the Internet and profs that know how to use email! So I pressed send at 11:50 pm. December 22. I did it!!!!!!!!!!!
If there is a computer failure or delay I'm sunk. Not only that, but now as I reflect, I submitted about 4 hours too early.

I cant consider this essay finished. I simply ran out of time. I'm kinda bummed about that. I'm thinking about spending that extra 4 hours on the paper and sending it to the Prof. I dont even care which paper he marks...
Who am I kidding?
I will resubmit and try and talk him into taking the revision instead. HHHMMMM
On the other hand.
Its done.
Time is up.
Clocks run out.
the fish are fried.
the fat lady sang.
the cows came home.
It's done like dinner.

I will accept a lower mark on my paper as punishment for not managing my time properly. I had months to do this paper. If I would have organized my time properly, I would be getting a better mark and ultimately feel more satisfied with the results.

but NO, I have to be a leave it till the last minute guy.
Or is it underestimate the size of the job guy?

It's just that I never feel prepared for the paper until I think I've fully researched. The book was really really hard for me. I managed to glean about 40 pages of notes based on each individual book of the OT. I then gleaned another 20 or so pages from my reading of my NIV's study notes.
I've been feverishly listening to the Old Testament on CD. I listened straight 3 hours a day, 5 days a week for 2 months. My head is like mush.
At any rate, I couldnt begin my paper until I was far enough along on the research side. I took a couple days off work to deal with the paper.

I let myself get distracted too much.
Maybe thats my problem.
Or is it that I'm prepared to accept mediocraty.
I cant even spell the darn word,
so what does that tell you.
Maybe it was just tough.
Maybe I'm just lucky that its done,
or am I
I think it tells me that I'm just tired
and I need to go to bed.

1 comment:

  1. I'm proud of you Don. You are finished. I know that the reading and research has been tough slugging. But since you are finished, you can now enjoy the holiday with your family.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead....Make my day!