Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Saturday, December 31, 2005

The Life of a Cat












Why do I allow this?
They lie around all day
in my bed
while I'm out slaving
to pay for the
the luxuries
they've come to expect.
Two of them just showed up
at our front door.
Uninvited, unannounced
Wayward strangers looking for
the cat dream
Both were well aquainted
with the usual manipulative tools
and how to use them.
A purr here, a purr there
a brush against your pantleg
to show you they kinda care
So I let it happen.
I have myself to blame.
What was I thinking.
I guess the truth is.....
they live my dream.
When I get tired
I look at one sleeping
and I feel rested.
When I am hungry
I look at one eating
and I feel like I've eaten.
When I feel like having a dump
I look at one in the litter box and....
they look the other way.
Wow, whats with that
You would think they would be proud.
I've noticed they are slightly embarrassed
being caught in that state,
especially if you point at them.
STOP!
I cant beleive I'm talking about this
change subject....
Well how about those
Toronto Maple Leafs

1 comment:

  1. I love cats too...
    At my mothers house I have four... There are some photos of Oscar at my blog.
    They are so cute...

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead....Make my day!