Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Lost Without my Cell Phone

I love my cell phone but I hate what its done to me. In my business, my cell phone is critical! I tried to go without and lasted about a week. I just lost too much business. So the cell phone has become a neccesary evil. Its amazing how much I have come to rely on this little piece of electronics.

I spent the day disjointed and unattached as my cell dropped out of my pocket into my friends truck. I'll get it back tonight but I will have to endure a silent ride home. I cant call my mom. I cant call home. No one can call me. I feel like Ive been handed a solitary confinement sentence.

I have 2 cell phone stories

1 I was at a party where we buried a car as a time capsule. During the party, my cell phone rang two too many times with irate clients. I was so frustrated that the last person that called me I said.....I cant hear you....yur breaking up. With that, I threw my cell into the trunk of this car. Down it went into the depths of the underground. We will be digging that car up in 2020. At that time, I will be re-united with that old cell. It seemed like a good idea at the time. I had second thoughts the following day which were confirmewd again when I went ot replace that phone. This turned out to be a $150.00 joke. I hope the guy is still going...hello...hello...Don are you there?

2 My son was so pleased that he fixed the pool filter. With great joy and pride he turned on the pump for his grand confirmation. To his horror, the filter blew sand all over the freshly cleaned pool. It was a disaster. Sheepishly he brought me to the pool and said "I'm sorry dad, I tried real hard" Like a good dad I said, "thats OK son. Accidents happen. Lets just clean it up." With that I leaned over the pool and plop...there went my cell phone. My poor son was so freaked that my top would blow he just jumped into the pool, clothes and all! Ya, of course the phone was screwed! Why wouldnt it be?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead....Make my day!