Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Friday, December 23, 2005

True Decadence

The boss handed me 2 of his tickets for the Raptors Versus New Jersey Nets game for Sunday January 08. Unbeleivable seats! Courtside! I called my son and told him and he had joy fit. These are pretty much the best seats in the house! Centreline courtside...It just doesnt get any better than that! I am so spoiled! I looked at the price of the seats. Obscene! $455.00 each!
That means I'm holding in my hand $910.00 worth of basketball seats. Thats just decadent. I could go on this huge tyrade about the absolute stupidity, but I wont. No, I'm going to pretend that I am some big shot guy, rolling in the dough. I'm gonna pretend for those few hours on Sunday that all is right with the world. I'm gonna forget about the single dad struggling to feed his kids I met in the grocery line up. I'm gonna forget about the fact that I dont have two pennies to rub together. I'm gonna forget about it all and pretend. I'd love to sell these seats and give the money to our church building fund, or give it to the missions trip, or give it to the single struggling dad, or pay for my wifes vehicle breakdown, or buy a computer for my friend in England. The trouble is that he would be looking on TV and if he didnt see me in those seats, he would be upset. This is a gift. One should never reject a gift. That would be bad. He would be insulted. Besides, he'd never trust me with tickets again! So there you have it. True decadence.
Watch for me on the January 8th broadcast. I'm the guy sitting right behind Chuck Swersky drinking the $10.00 Perrier water.

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy! I remember seeing a Raptors game at the Skydome. We were like 3 rows from the very top in the 3rd level. The players looked like ants! It was crazy. Too bad the team is not doing better. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead....Make my day!