Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Friday, January 06, 2006

Fathers of Confederation


This was the thrill of a lifetime. I know, call me strange, but this experience will be etched on my mind forever. My buddy Ron and I took a trip to Ottawa to see the Dead Sea Scrolls. That was an experience of its own. We also went to the Parliament buildings. I had never been there. It was truly spectacular! We took the tour through the buildings. I mentioned to the tour guide that I was disappointed in not seeing the "Fathers of Confederation" painting. I had only seen pictures in history and geography text books. This picture was vivid in my mind and somehow, I expected to see it. Well the tour guide said " As a matter of fact, its in one of the council chambers. It is off limits to tourists, but I think I might be able to sneek you in" Well, thats all we needed to hear. Excitedly, we snuck through some corridors, and turned into some council chambers. There it was! In all its beauty. It was better than I rememebered it. It was far more vivid and colourful. It was fun. She let me stand on a table so I could get a closeup picture. We were like kids in a candy store. Funny how small things can be so much fun. I know, your thinking, its just a painting. Well this is no ordinary painting. This painting reminds me of the founding of our great nation. A nation that is like no other in the world.....I can almost hear a choir singing Oh Canada...I see Mounties and Beavers and Canadian Geese and Hockey Playing Canadian Chicks...oops...did I say that out loud.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead....Make my day!