Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Saturday, January 07, 2006

My Oldest Surviving Guitar


This is my Fender 12 string. It is my oldest surviving instrument. I bought in new about 26 years ago. It is under construction right now, because I am putting a pickup in it.

I used to play heavy metal/Rock with electric guitars and 100 watt amps and peddles and effects and stuff. One day I walked into a music shop, and out of curiousity, I picked up this guitar and gave it a strum. It was in perfect tune. Note to all music shop owners. Keep your instruments perfectly in tune. I strummed the deluxe G chord and and when I heard the response, I was blown away. One strum...I put it down and left the store.

I sold my guitar/amp and accessories to a kid at school for the amount on the price tag of the 12 string. Thats what love is like. I gladly gave away everything until that point and began a relationship that lasts even today. The only thing is, I'm kinda like Solomon. One beauty simply was not enough. It wasnt good enough to be happy with just one beautiful instrument. No over the course of time, I have fallen in love with, and taken for my self, many more faire beautiful axes.

I love my guitars. They make me feel real. Each one is individual and has its own personality. Each one is special in its own way. Each one has a story and a memory. Each one gets better every passing day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead....Make my day!