Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Saturday, January 07, 2006

What a great Night Tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!

We had a baptism service tonight. What a great night! I had the priviledge to play guitar in the worship band this evening. It is a thrill to play with such gifted musicians. I think the music went well. The evening certainly did. Oh except the baptism tank didnt get filled and heated in time ......again. It made for a very cold dunking. I imagine Jakes legs were purple.

There was a packed house. If you have never been to a believer baptism service, I would highly suggest you do so. In fact, listen carefully to the announcements and if Jake says anything about a baptism service, incline your ears immediately! Trust me, you wont regret it.

Tonight 4 people made commitments and gave testimonies. Its funny because I say making commitments as if these things are burdons. Oh contrare, every time I see and hear these testimonies, I hear of freedom. Freedom from guilt, freedom from worry. freedom from lonliness, freedom from addiction, freedom from ourselves.

Tell me then, how can making commitments to live by God's rules, ultimately lead to freedom? Its a paradox to the earthly mind. Well...its just the way the great engineer designed it. The sooner we realize this, the sooner we can begin to enjoy what little time we have on this planet.

1 comment:

  1. Don

    First of all, I wanted to thank you for the energy and pure love you obviously put into your worship. I watched you and the rest of the team perform, and it is so obvious you do it because you love music, and more because you love the Lord.

    Second, I cannot get over how amazing these events are. Every time I go I am blown away by God's provision in the lives of others, and that just confirms the promises He made to me, and to every one of us, to always be with us, and never abandon us. God rocks!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead....Make my day!