Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Now I've Really Done It!

Well I've managed to do all my schooling without making any real commitments. Well I did it! I just spent the last two nights writing my testimony and outlining my practical experience in ministry. So I've officially applied just like Jake told me to a year ago, and just like my Dean told me last Sunday. I've made the commitment! So now I worry, just like Jesus told me not to. What if I dont make it, what if they dont like me, what if I'm not good enough..yada yada.

I wonder if I really know what I'm getting into. I'm OK with being Jesus for the hurting. I'm OK with standing beside people and praying for and with them. I'm OK with all the practical stuff, but I'm not sure I'm ready to take on all the brain farts that like to endlessly debate the nuances of scripture. I am trying to make my blogs not too deep, otherwise I'll get them all here correcting me and telling me how I am wrong. If you want to see what that looks like, take a look a Jakes Blogspot.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Another "minister of God" that will lable and then marginalize people with titles like "brain farts" just because they have questions, or see things in scripture differently than you. I can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quick! Another rendition of kumbaya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Bible is the Bible and represents God's inspired and innerant word. It is open for all to read and interpret. I will not tell you what to beleive for you are reading from the same book I am. Obviously, I would not be able to win a debate with knowledgable person as yourself. My interest is not in the mind, but in the heart.

    I guess what you have identified is that I have no business being a minister if I am not prepared to get entangled in long debates about the scripture that you and I read and agree or disagree on.

    I think you have a valid point and perhaps given my feeling towards those that tear it apart, argue endlessly to prove their points and then go away with hearts probably unchanged...I might not be suitable as a minister.

    It sounds as though there may not be a place for people like myself who simply want to do Gods compassionate work amongst the hurting.

    Thats a shame. When I read about how ministers are marginallized and lonely; how 80 percent of minister now consider themselves CEO's instead of spiritual caregivers. When I read comments like yours, it becomes increasing difficult to find myself fitting into this mould. Heck, I cant even spell.

    I should seriously consider what you have said. My hope of course is that all the intellectual elite will still have something left over for those who find themselves lost and lonely, hurting and distressed, having lost loved ones, victims of abuse. Those poeple who are wondering if God truly loves them, and are searching for someone who will walk with them in love and empathy.

    My sense is that your anger and ridicule stems from me using the term "brain farts" Perhaps an inappropriate term. That is a negative term that paints me as a biggot and illicits your immedite nasty reaction. Not very christian of either of us is it?

    Are you the same person who would like me to now sing kumbaya or do I actually have two fans out there?

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead....Make my day!