Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Thursday, March 09, 2006

Well it was Bound to Happen

We are holding the Alpha course in a tavern in Acton. Last night we had a drunk visitor join the discussion group. It was obvious she wasnt there to talk about Alpha, but herself. She also wanted to express the fact that we are all sticks in the mud who dont know how to have fun. I felt sorry for Michael as she chose to join his group. The owner of the tavern was beside himself and apologized for not stopping her. I asked him never to do that. I realized that I actually know her, and that she attended church once. I think she felt like she didnt fit in. After Alpha was over I joined her at the bar with the intent of having a beer and talking to her. Well it became quickly evident that she was not really interested in talking. Thats OK. I put my money back in my pocket and went to my friend Richards house. We prayed last night for people like her. We prayed for Acton. We prayed that God might give us direction. I went home and crawled into bed at midnight. Today I have awoke and she is on my mind. I will pray for her some more.

1 comment:

  1. Perhaps this is the point of hosting it at a tavern and it's exactly what Jesus had in mind.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead....Make my day!