Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Thursday, April 20, 2006

Dylan the Scot



This is a picture of Dylan the Wright in Scotland. We were doing some web surfing and found that our family name Wright, was a sub clan of MacIntyre. It appears as though some of the MacIntyres changed their name to Wright when they left the original clan lands. We have been able to trace the Wright name to the East Coast-Cape Breton to the late 1700's. That is when my ancestors landed by boat from....you guessed it...Wee Bonnie Scotland. So we did a little investigating and found that the Clan MacIntyre hung out in Oban. Oban happens to be my favourite single malt scotch! No wonder!
Now my Grandmother was a Smith. She was born and lived in Lossiemouth. One of the great thrills of my life was standing in the old family home. They were fisherman. We did the same walk from the house to the harbour that the Smiths did. After we visited, my great uncle passed away and the family home was sold. Timing is everything!
Anyway...God Bless Scotland!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead....Make my day!