Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Sunday, April 30, 2006

Erin Variety Night 2006

This years Erin Village Alliance Variety Night was a smashing success! uh I think. Well at least through my sunglasses we appeared to have a fun evening. The theme this year was "Canada Eh" We were celebrating Canadian music and Canadianism. We were taught the correct way to pronounce Newfoundland. Its pronounced NEW FIN LINd.. not... NEW FOUND LAND. Oh and by the way Jake, fellow Soul Man...its EAR IN...not...AIR IN! I got to sing a bunch of songs and it was a hoot.

Hats off and special thanks to everyone that made this evening possible. A special thanks goes out to Drummer Glenn for yet another rock solid performance. Glenn is very passionate about perfection and pushes himself and others to do their best. Well last night he led by example and quarterbacked us to a great evening.

My wife said she loved it and couldnt stop singing the songs in her head all last night and today. Someone told me it was the best variety night yet!

We are looking forward to to another great Variety Night as we present "Canada EH" at Acton Leathertown Tavern. This is the Restaurant we have been holding Alpha in. If you are not doing anything Saturday Night and you live any where close to Acton, you need to come out. I guarantee you will have a good time.

If you are reading this and you caught the show at Davids in Erin, I'd be interested to know how you liked it. What was your favourite song/rendition................mine was Patio Lanterns by Kim Mitchell.....or was it Travelling Man by Tommy Hunter....hhhmmm

3 comments:

  1. The most impressive was Taking Care of Business...man did that guy rock!!! As well as an amazing guitarist.
    I think that Don guy sure shook the place up as well.
    An awesome evening!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don:
    It was so great! The friend I brought, who used to go to the Presbyterian church in Acton, couldn't believe that Jake was up there as a "Soul Man". She loved the whole evening. Hard to pick a favourite, everyone was amazing.
    TC

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
    »

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead....Make my day!