Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Wild Turkey's



What a magnificent Bird! Wild Turkey's became extinct in my area. With the help of our American friends and the work of conservation groups, they were reintroduced. While nay sayers said they would never return, I am told the numbers have hit 80,000 birds. Not only that, but the range has been pushed and extended beyond their original. A very large success story!

There are about a dozen of these birds living in the bush beside my house. I have been watching them daily. Now is especially cool because the males are out dancing to impress the ladies. I watched this morning as one big bird, just like this one, did his love dance. Truly awesome. I am going to try to sneak up with my camera and see if I can get a real shot.

Anyway, we are truly blessed with having these birds "back home"

1 comment:

  1. Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
    »

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead....Make my day!