Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Wednesday, May 31, 2006

The Alpha Experience

What an awesome opportunity this is to share the gospel with other people. I enjoyed this evening as much as the first time I took the course. After doing the course now 6 or 7 times you would think it would be getting dull...but NO! Everytime we do the course, there is a completely new dynamic. Completely new conversations and discussions. Completely different relationships. It is a very rewarding course, both for those that take it, but also those who go on to lead.

We just finished week 2 of our 2nd session at Acton Leathertown Tavern. We ended up with 14 participant/helpers. Richard and Mary Ellen are leading. This is super experience for both as they plan to move into full time ministry. I am a helper. We have a number of others that are helper/training. They have wonderful hearts for God and will help to build an excellent foundation as this course and its impact continue to grow and evolve. We are all very excited to see where God leads us.

HaHaHa, funny thing, we have adopted a new method of prayer. It is an eyes wide open approach. We wanted to be able to pray, yet did not want to be unwelcoming to new guests as they arrive, or to other patrons of the bar that may come over to talk. It was akward to pray as someone would come up and say..oh ssssh, uh im sorry, uh i didnt realize you were praying..uh excuse me etc. We didnt want to be deep in prayer as guests arrive as this would cause embarrasement to them. We thought about going and standing outside, but there is a bar patio out there and that would be equally akward.Kitchen and bathrooms are definately out. So today we tried the prayer incognito natural approach. It was really cool. I dont know why I am surprised about that. I mean I pray alone with my eyes open all the time. I pray when I'm driving, I pray when I'm walking. Why is it that when we pray together, we close our eyes?
Well not tonight. It was actually really cool. Looking at each other in the eyes as we prayed did something to reassure me that these new found friends are genuine. The eyes are the window to the soul and praying people have lovely eyes!

I pray for Gerry who did not show up tonight and that he finds peace from his lonliness. I pray for Amy who did not make it and I pray that God would continue to reveal Himself to her. I pray for Mama Violet who normally serves us our meals. I pray God will give her strength and peace during her time off. I pray for all the participants in this Alpha course and pray that God will be glorified. I pray that we might remain willing vessals and that God would use us just the way He desires and that we will have ears to hear and the courage to obey. Lord God, merciful and mighty, please hear my prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead....Make my day!