Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Monday, May 22, 2006

Praying for a Friend

I have a friend who never finished school. She decided to go back and finish. I know how hard that is. She has been studying hard with a pretty aggressive course load. Everything is now coming due and she has been studying like a trooper. Tommorrow is her first exam and she has been counting the days. In her mind there is more to this than just trying to pass a test. I imagine she will be looking towards these results for affirmation that she has what it takes. I imagine after such intense studying her brain is mush coupled with a pressure "not to fail" While I certainly pray that she will do well, I am more interested in what all this has done for her growth. While she is looking for an A from her prof, I have already awarded her an A for her effort. While she is looking for these marks to help her move forward with a dream, I giver her an A for recognizing that she can dream. While she has set her sights high for achievement, I give her an A for vision. I dont want this to sound like a cop out or excuses if she doesnt do well. I just want her to know that I for one am so proud of all the hard work she has put into this.

After craming and studying, eating, sleeping and breathing this anticipation of the big test, I am certain that there are locomotives racing in her head. So I just want to take a moment to perhaps help her release those butterflies from her tummy and to stop the train from blowing that incesant whistle in her head. There comes a time when one has to simply take a deep breath and say "bring it on"

Father God, thank you for Your love and grace. Thank You that You care for each and every one of us. Thank You Lord that You are a friend and constant companion. Lord I just pray now that You would give my friend Hanni, an extra dose of Your peace and contentment. Lord as You know she has been working hard to achieve a goal. Lord along with that comes all the human desires to achieve well. Yet Lord what also comes with that is a fear of failure and the decievers ever loud voice saying "you cant do this, you are unworthy" Lord I ask that You drown out those voices and replace them with the peace that only You can provide. Lord God would You just take away all the things that would distract her from her worthiness. Lord please help her to go into this exam with peace and contentment. Help her to put all the stuff in the past far behind and sustain her with a fresh vision of Your love for her. I am reminded of Your magnificence Lord in Psalm 63
2Thus I have seen You in the sanctuary,
To see Your power and Your glory.
3Because Your loving-kindness is better than life,
My lips will praise You.
4So I will bless You as long as I live;
I will lift up my hands in Your name.
So Lord, I lift up my hands to you and cling to Your loving-kindness and I beg for You to be with Your daughter in the final hours of her preparation. I ask these things in and through the wonderful name of Christ Jesus. amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead....Make my day!