Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Tuesday, May 09, 2006

SonTreasure Island Vacation Bible School 2006



Music planning for this years Erin Vacation Bible School Program is well under way. Its going to be a great year! I know I said it twice before, but this is really going to be my last year.....for now..hahaha.

I have selected a team of fine young musicians. I am really proud of these kids. I've watched them grow now for a few years, both musically and spiritually. I feel like the time is ripe for these young boys to take on a worship/music leadership role. The Vacation Bible School program is just the place!They will blossom!

There is nothing like the energy of 130 kids singing praise with all their might. The kids really respond to the music and class after class tries to out do the other with enthusiasm.

It has been such a blessing to watch these kids grow. I remember many of the kids in the grade five class from when they were junior kindergartens. Its cool walking about town months after the VBS and having kids wave to you and point at you in the grocery store.

Well any way...heres to another great VBS! May God be Glorified!

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE POD guy, i LOVE them, this is so kool on yr blog.
    Ok i bet this isn't your last year. Sounds like ya love it too much HA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this a summer school for children from the community or from your religious organization, and what is it's purpose?

    Martyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Martyn...Thanks for dropping by! The Vacation Bible School is a non denominational event. It is sponsered by 7 local church's. The event is a "gentle" outreach whereby our common love of God can be shared with the children. It is very popular. We are at the point now of having to put number caps on, as we can't keep up with the demand....not enough space and helpers in this small community of ours. This program has been running for years. In fact, I remember attending as a kid, some 30 years ago. Its definately a "love of God" thing, and no single "church" stakes claims on it. (in this town) Typically VBS programs are put on by a single church in a single church. This program is a little different as the grades are all held in different churchs around town.

    Thanks for the question Martyn...have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
    »

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
    »

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead....Make my day!