Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Friday, July 28, 2006

Childhood Trout Holes


Well I snuck into one of my old favourite trout creeks on the way to work yesterday AM. After a few casts I landed a little rainbow trout. This creek is a Speckle Trout Creek so it was interesting to get a rainbow. Well a few more casts and I got another one....the exact same size. So this tells me that they have probably done a recent stocking. So I move over two one of my favourite trout lairs and drifted my fly right in the front door.....and...wham!!! Big splash!! and then nothing but disaapointment. Now this fish was much,much bigger! So now the question is this......did they also stock big fish? or did I just entice a Brown Trout. There are rumours of big browns in this creek, but after fishing it for 30 years, this would have been my first. At any rate, after the big strike, the pool fell silent and time was ticking. I think I'll slide in there again real soon!

2 comments:

  1. wow thas a corker Don!!! u'gh im so envius...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! »

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead....Make my day!