Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Monday, July 03, 2006

Church Visitations

Sue and I have been doing several church visitations in conjunction with the church plant initiative in Acton. Last week we visited Knox Presbyterian Church in Acton. This week we visited another Presbyterian Church, but this one out in Oro Township. The name of this church is Trinity Community Church.

We went there for a few reasons. We were driving Debbie and Courtney up to Camp Minyowe and this church was on the way. One reason is that my old young Pastor Matthew Fox is the Music director there. We really wanted to visit. The other reason is that I needed to see this church. It is a seeker sensitive, modern church that was built as a church for people who dont do church. This church has had incredable growth and has had quite an impact on its community. I would urge you to read this encouraging article from the website found at http://www.trinitycommunity.org/ourstory.html . This chuch has grown significantly!

I was very encouraged to see so many people. They run three identical services every Sunday AM. We arrived for the second service at 10am. We waited in a reception area with coffee and chat, while the first service concluded. It was packed and so was our service. As we left we saw yet another full house waiting to catch the last service at 11:30. There was a good cross section of age groups, but predominantly young adults. There was also concurrent youth service in another room. There were a lot of smiling friendly faces and worship was upbeat and lively. There was theatre lighting and a very slick multimedia presentation. It was up beat and exciting. The topic was part of a series called seven deadly sins. This week the focus was on greed. Matthew delivered a very intense and animated talk on greed.

After the service, Debbie, Courtney, Susan and myself continued up to Camp Miniyowe, where the girls are enrolled in Enterprise, Play a week work a week leadership building. The two girls said they loved the service and it was a wonderful way to begin Camp. We will be out of touch for two weeks. I will pick up the Saturday before I preach at EVAC.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead....Make my day!