Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Monday, July 24, 2006

First Acton Alliance Church Plant Service

We had our first service on Sunday afternoon at Richard and MaryEllens place. It was awesome!

We had cleared out the couches and furniture from their living room and moved them to the basement. We managed to get around 60 chairs in the living room. There was a cubby hole at the side for the musicians. Richard brought in a cross and leaned it against the picture window. There was a communion table in front of the cross. The view was spectacular. There were decorative flowers and linens. The room looked like a perfect little chapel. I think we should try and talk Richard and MaryEllen into keeping it setup like that. Richard did afterall say "This room has become God's room" haha gotcha!

I managed to have an hour alone in the room prior to the service. I prayed, and sat, and played my guitar and sang praises to God. I also found the acoustical sweet spot in the room and wouldnt you know it, it was 6 feet in front and facing the cross. I love being alone with my instrument and my God. hhhhmmmm Well actually I love being with others with our instruments and our God too!

It was a nice service. There were probably about 50 people. There were bible readings from Older and Newer Testaments. There was prayer and reflections. Richard preached a great word about community. The worship music and singing was spirited. Communion was touching. Fellowship was warm and thankful. Ham on a bun was great and the brownies were exceptional.

There is something very special about moments like this. I have been reflecting and trying to really commit this moment to my memory. I have been thanking God every time it comes to mind. Though it was great, I am excited to out grow it. I am excited that as we go out to the community to plant the seeds, that we will see harvest. We will outgrow the walls of Richard and MaryEllen's lovely living room chapel, and then we will out grow the walls of our next meeting place. No walls will be able to contain all the people. Our growth will be a by product of sharing the good news with others, with purposeful intent in leading them to the saving knowledge and grace of Jesus Christ.Thankyou to all who attended and all that helped to make the afternoon a special occassion.

Lord God I just pause from my joy and pride for a moment to give You the glory. Lord God, thank You for for Your presence and thank You for the opportunity to have communion with You. Lord, would You continue to bless us, as we prepare to take Your life giving message to others in our town. Lord God would You bolster our passion, give us courage and walk beside us. Lord God would You direct our paths as we seek You. We praise You and worship You, now please help us to be like You. In Jesus Name I pray. amen

dw

5 comments:

Go ahead....Make my day!