Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Sunday, July 16, 2006

Time Management and "Whats His Name?"

I dont own a watch. Well thats a lie, I have a pewter pocket watch that I got for graduating high school. oh and I have a Bassmaster Pocket watch that I got from my sister. I value both, but use neither. The clock in my living room is a battery wall clock. It has hands rather than digits and that confuses my computer kids. That clock is always set 5 minutes fast. Now we use that clock to set all others in the house, since they require power. We lose our power a lot, so we seem to be forever setting the time. The Alarm clock in my room is set 9 minutes fast to the one in the living room. All of this trickery helps to get us all to work on time. oh heres one...Confucious say...man with 2 watches is never really sure what time it is!. When I was a service technician, I was responsible for time billing. I managed to do this without a watch for 15 years!
Any way, why the thoughts about time?

I learned from preaching today, that I need to work at time management. I always find myself with so much to say, and so little time to say it. Once I have prepared for a sermon, I really ought to then work at compressing it, and making it more concise. It is hard for me to guage time. I just have too much to say. I need to be thoughtful and say the most important things. Dont get me wrong, I'm not down on myself. Preaching was wonderfully exhillerating and I think I did a pretty good job.

Our congregation is very supportive and very encouraging. For me, it was a wonderful experience before friends, family, christian brothers and sisters, and guests and newcomers. I was thrilled to see some old friends from past congregations I have been with.

OH The worship today was astounding. There was a real sense of joy and thankfulness today. Oh and I young lad came up to me afterward and thanked me. He too would like to be apastor some day. He is gearing up for bible college. Today was his first visit to EVAC and he was thrilled. I am sure we will see him again. Any way, he was thrilled with my talk because of his desire to dig deaper in the Bible. He is excited and seamed passionate about expounding Gods word. He was able to relate to my experience in Seminary. As usual , I was too much of a duffus to remember his name. Yes now I am down on myself.

Thats 2 things...time management and remembering peoples names...

Lord God thankyou for your word and thankyou for using me. Lord God, thankyou for "whats his name" Lord I pray that You continue to fill him with the passion to serve You. Lord God help me to manage my time better, and help me to remember peoples names. In Jesus name I pray, with joy and thanksgiving.amen

3 comments:

  1. Don... his name was Preston. He is from Acton. No kidding.

    Yes and we do serve a VERY supportive congregation. Thankfully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don, you were awesome! Thank you for the opportunity to be a part of it, such an honour.
    I love worship music that is upbeat and joyful. But then there were five of us there who had spent the weekend getting Joyced!
    LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well Don, you are on your way to becoming a pro with this.

    I hope I will have the opportunity to listen to you preach someday.

    Hey, wanna try PODCAST on your blog hehe

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead....Make my day!