Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Monday, November 20, 2006

Snowmobiling in Timmins


Since I am very interested in Timmins as a future move location, I have bookmarked http://www.timmins.ca/old/index.php and click on WEBCAMS almost daily. It is really cool technology. I watch what people drive and what people wear. I watch buses and taxis and people bustling down the streets. I watch the camera lense to see if its raining or snowing. I check the Temperature to see how it compares.

Much to my excitement, it snowed last night. Its all gone here, but up in Timmins there was enough snow in Gillies Park to snowmobile. I can imagine the joy and glee of this sledder. Its gotton to the point, where I live, that snowmobiling is becoming a thing of the past. Often there are only a few good weeks of sledding. Many people are forced to travel to cottages and northern resorts to get their snowmobile fix.

I always had sleds as a kid. Seems winter was different then. I sold them both after a few warm winters with little use.... I guess I wasnt passionate enough to continue.

I am going there next weekend to see for myself.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Don, you are such a winter boy! You can have my share of that. I found Belwood desolate in the winter so Timmins is so far off the map for this girl...lol!!!
    Planning for such a big move is the way to do it rather than by the seat of your pants, which I admit was our method.
    I researched stuff like R2000 building considering prevailing winds, sunlight and all that sort of stuff, but should have included lifestyle and education opportuniites for my kids. But at this time in your life that won't be a concern. You should be unencumbered and have such freedom. Wow!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead....Make my day!