Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Sunday, May 06, 2007

a bunch of stuff

I am looking forward to the next 2 weekends. I will be heading to Northern Ontario to visit my buddy, do some fishing and boating and dreaming. I have this yearning and burning in my heart to move there. I have been looking at the whole concept through many differant scenarios. I remain excited. I feel this flutter in my heart every time I think about the north. Its kinda like that feeling when you fall in love with someone and you cant take your mind off of it.

I am so shallow! or would it be materialistic. I question whether I should feel shame or remorse or if I should just revel in my fortune. So here it is.......For a long time, I have been waking up most mornings throwing up or wretching. I have a nervous stomach and I have a stressful job. I have always felt that it would some day kill me, so I have been planning my excape. Well my wife pointed something out to me the other day. She said, do you realize that you havnt puked since you got your new car? I thought about it and she was right. I feel so great when I drive my car that nothing could bother me....butter wouldnt melt in my mouth....the water rolls right off the ducks back......I'm cool as a cucumber....top down, wind in hair Kool. So I said to Sue. HHHHMMM I'm not sure now how to interpret all this. For one thing, there are people starving in the streets while I decide whether to drive with my top up or down. I feel a little dirty when I think about it..YET...I feel so friggin good I wanna split myself in 2 and conquer the world.

We went to a YUK YUKs fund raiser last night....what a hoot. We just about wet ourselves with laughter. There were 3 standups and about 300 people in the Schomburg Community Arena. The coolers were flowing, the munchies plentiful and the atmosphrere happy...uh very happy. We had a stellar steak dinner before the show at Mark and Jules. ......we almost laughed it all up. My side still hearts. I think I blew a muscle or broke my funny bone.

Sue and I are going to see Patti and Barry in 10 minutes. They are keeping the trailer at Guelph Lake this yeaR rather than our place. We will miss them, but it will be nice to visit at the Lake. They have great facilities. We shall BBQ and have ourselves a wonderful time. Sue is feeling a little under the weather from last night SO she has the hammock reserved.

Church was great today. My buddy Ron says " You say that every sunday!" Ya I do. It really is true...."better is one day in the house of the Lord than a thousand elsewhere!" I am struck by what Nicki Gumbel said as to whether a christian had to go to church to worship God. He said simply "A christian wants to go to church to worship God" Well I count it a priveledge and a joy.

over and out

2 comments:

  1. I can only guess that you have yet to hear the sad news at EVAC.
    Jake is moving to the falls by Sept.
    We are ...well I'm uncertain what we are, but prayers are needed for all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey D,
    I think it's great that the God is blessing you so much.. About the car, all good things come from Him so love it my brother and you keep doing what you do to assist the world in the starving, poor and needy department. We can't save the world by going without everything and denying ourselves of the blessings that God bestows upon us. That being said, as long as you know in your heart where the blessings come from and that if the Giver ever asked you to give up the car to feed the needy, you'd do it, I think I could safely say, with all confidence,enjoy the car.
    Blessings,
    Jules
    and P.S. I want a ride!! Top down preferrably!!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead....Make my day!