Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Friday, July 20, 2007

Crossings Church in Acton




After many delays, hurdles and challenges, we at Crossings Church in Acton have a new home! Its spectacular! Up until now, the bar was called Mannys road house. It was also known as the Sit-n-Bull. Prior to that it was called Roxy. The local police and tired neighbours have referred to it as the Blood Bucket. The bottom picture is an artist concept for a re-worked facade.

I had my first opportunity to visit last night. I was suppossed to help clean up so we could have service there on Sunday. I saw the stage, all decked out with mics and amps and speakers. That was it. I grabbed my guitar and sang. The sound was great! I cant wait to make more music in this place. I am excited about a weekly open stage music night. I think I will spearhead something like that.

I closed my eyes and took a deep whiff. It was like heaven. It smelled like Beer. I remarked that it will be a shame to lose that smell. I wonder if there are any spray deoderant air freshner things that smell like "last nights beer joint". I sure would love to keep that smell. I doubt my fellow parisheners agree, but hey...I'm a bit of a rebel.

Our numbers have been climbing. We havent officially "gone public" yet. We have been ramping up, getting organized, and establishing our visions and goals. We are very excited to share this wonderful building with the town.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead....Make my day!