Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Happy 18th Dylan

My son Dylan turned 18 today. My how time flies!!! Just in time as I have been anouncing how I'm tired of Parenthood. Trust me....Its been a real adventure.

Dylan quit school last semester and has been full time in the work force. He has worked hard and is considered a valuable employee. He has learned a lot and has gained experience he wants to pursue a carrear as a millright. He has aslo learned that he would be unable to raise a family or even support himself with the money he makes.

He has decided to return to school in September.....Praise the Lord!!!!!!!!!!!! I could tell him until I was blue in the face and he sick of hearing it!! BUT he needed to go and experience it for himself. I have refrained from " I Told You So". I am excited for him. It looks like his employer will allow him to continue work AND go to school.

For a birthday present I am going to pay for his hotel room at the Lake Placid "Miracle on Grass" International Rugby Tournament. He earned a spot on the North Halton Mens Team.

I thought about buying him a watch for his 18th birthday. I thought it was a great idea but my wife said the idea sucked. She said he will lose it or break it within a week and the only thing that would be left is bitter tears and sorrow. Besides, she said, he doesnt even know how to tell time!!! He has grown up in the digital world and concepts like analog time are a mystery. Actually, He secretly tells me he knows he knows analog time...he's just been using it as an excuse....go figure

haha pssst
one down and one to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead....Make my day!