Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Ashes to Ashes



Dan asked that his ashes be dumped in the Old Woman River at Old Woman Bay at the North end of Lake Superior Provincial Park.
First picture is of Dans ashes and some memorabilia. We all swam and ate and drank and hugged and talked. The beach was big and empty. The water was fabulous. It was a good day.
Dans children dumped his ashes in the ripples just behind where these 2 kids are playing. We had a little ceramony. The white ashes fell into the rapids and we watched as they drifted and flowed to Lake Superior.
Sue and I slept in a tent at Rabbit Blanket Camp site with Dans older brother Tom and family.
We hit some traffic on the way back. Sue and I left at 7am on Monday and got home 8:30 pm at night....Yikes....13.5 hours travel. This is usually a 10-11 hour drive....It was nice to sleep in the water bed last night.

1 comment:

  1. Dan will be missed. Too sad! I only knew him for approximately a week or so and he left a lasting impression on me.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead....Make my day!