Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Monday, August 20, 2007

I Wanna See A Bear





My buddy Mike told me about a little lake he found about 30KM back in the bush. He told me it was a slice of heave. He told me how he stopped at the lake edge and put his feet up on his ATV expecting a little snooze. He woke up 1.5 hours later with drool on his face. He told me how he had gone for a walk and met up with a bear. He said that the bear ran one way and he ran the other. I had formulated a picture of this place in my minds eye.
Last time I went to see him, we woke up about 7am and he said...What shall we do today. I said...take me to the enchanted place where you saw the bear. SO...we packed up the canoe and the ATV and headed out. We spent a few hours at this place. It was breathtaking. AND....
I saw a bear. Not the municipal dump or the public picnic table type. No this was a real bear in the wild and judging form his reaction to me, Id say he never saw a human before. He caught one glimpse of me and ran as fast as his feet would carry him. It was kinda funny because he would look back quickly as he ran. I could hear him under his breathe...OMG...OMG...OMG.
He dashed into the bush and my dream of meeting up with a bear in the wild was fulfilled.
I floated around the lake for a few hours in my canoe. Spent some time with some loons and beavers. Mike took a little snooze in the trailer while I went for a spin on the ATV. Incredible, yet kinda scary. We spent the day and never saw another human. Thousands of miles of trails. Thank goodness for GPS!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead....Make my day!