Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Thursday, August 02, 2007

We Shall Gather



We're going to the place you loved so much. The long winding and twisting road that leads to the place that we all shall meet. The place you loved so much. With sorrows and joys we meet. We meet to share. To share tears. To share smiles. To share memories. And to touch. To touch hands and to touch hearts. To touch in the place you loved so much.

Dare I ask why Dan, or dare I ask how Dan. Yet if I was a true friend..I would know. I would have known something was wrong. Miles and years apart. Settled in our own worlds. Mine one of happiness and yours one of sorrow. You were the one who had it together. You were the one to succeed. You were the one with a dream and you were the one who acheived. Yet sorrow wouldnt allow you to enjoy these things?

I wonder if you knew Jesus? What kind of friend would ask that? Not that the asking is wrong in itself, but that as a friend I should have known. Or better still i would have shown. Or would I have told you, for what kind of friend am I? A freind, drifted apart by time and space. Yet time and space are nothing for true freinds. The internet, letters, postcards, phone calls, email, answering machines, cell phones, text message. Which one of these did I utilize to keep our friendship alive? Which one of these did I use to call you and ask you how you were doing?Did I book a flight? Did I rent a car? Did I invite you here? Did I even talk to you? NO None of these things. None of these things. I did none of these things. And I call you a friend?..Yes I do. I call you my friend. But what kind of friend am I? What kind of freind?

Knowing these things, have I enlisted in "Classmates" Have I searched "facebook" have I googled. Have I found my old phonebook? Have I found my old address book? Have I even gone to my "outlook" contact list? Have I reached out to contact any friend that I hold dear in my heart? Have I? Have I? No I havnt...except to tell them you are dead.

1 comment:

  1. We don't know unless they tell you or start giving away personal items.

    You two looked very similar, nice personalities too :)

    You were a good friend to him, the way he spoke in the hospital ...

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead....Make my day!