Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Thursday, January 17, 2008

Ishpatina Ridge

I went for the weekend up to North Bay to visit with my buddy Mike. He and I have been exploring the backwoods of Temagami. We had heard that Ontario's highest point was a little north of where we have been "playing" so we decided we should go anfd climb it. WHY? well just because thats what people do. If you see a high hill, you should climb it.

We got to thinking a little more seriously about the trip. We learned that Ishpatina ridge is not really accessable. You just cant drive there. Its kinda like an amazing race. So we did some internet searching on the topic and found several accounts of other peoples expeditions.

Here is a great read. If you have a few moments and love the outdoors and hiking, I highly suggest this read.

So using this information, we began to search some more. We found many people have done the trip in many differant ways. We are currently considering many of these experiences to "find our own way"

I find this to be pretty exciting. With Internet/GPS/Google maps and earth/stories of other trips/top maps/ATV's/canoes/bikes/legs/dreams....we have everything we need to conquer!

Hey, if you are interested in this kind of thing let me know. I love to discuss it with you.

Oh and I found out lots of more cool stuff that I'll talk about later

blessings
dw

1 comment:

  1. From Wikipedia...

    The name "Ishpatina" comes from an Ojibwe language word ishpadinaa, meaning "be a high hill/ridge". Spadina Avenue in Toronto is derived from the same word.

    The Ojibwa, Anishinaabe, or Chippewa (also Ojibwe, Ojibway, Chippeway, Aanishanabe, or Anishinabek) is the largest group of Native Americans-First Nations north of Mexico, including Métis. They are the third largest in the United States, surpassed only by Cherokee and Navajo. They are equally divided between the United States and Canada. Because they were formerly located mainly around Sault Ste. Marie, at the outlet of Lake Superior.

    Sounds like it would be a cool trip...as long as black fly season was over.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead....Make my day!