Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Monday, January 28, 2008

Off to Kyrgyzstan!!!

I had the honour and pleasure of singing at my brother and families going away party/fundraiser. For those of you who do not know, my brother John, Wife Julie and two of his children Emma and Bekah will be moving to Kyrgyzstan for 6 months. They are on a n ongoing missions project. They do wonderful things in Kyrgyzstan and Uzbekistan.

Join me in following and praying for their safety and success. You can follow their journey at the actofkindness blogspot. Here is a cut and paste of the post, but go their anyway as there are lots more pictures........


We are so encouraged by the support given to us by our family and friends. The fundraiser was an incredible success. Even more than the money raised, we know that we are going with a real sense of support behind us. I know that many on the mission field can feel alone some times, and we may as well, but all we have to do is think back to Saturday night. The party had a coffee house theme and, along with several friends from our home community, my Son and a friend sang for the crowd. The evening finished with a set by my brother Don..... always appreciated by the Norwood folks.
Between sets we had a full coffee shop on the go.... Starbucks, eat your heart out - gourmet coffee's, espresso's, cappuccinos and teas from around the world served from a genuine samovar. The big hits were the fruit smoothies and the ice cappuccinos .
As all this was going on, we had a silent auction with close to 100 items up for bid including this beautiful black lab puppy.......The most beautiful thing about this photo is not the puppy , but it's new owner. This young lady was part of a group of 16 from Quebec who traveled about 5 hours on snowy roads to come out and support us. They have always been an encouragement to us, the way that they have embraced the work in Central Asia. I was thinking the other day, that this will be my first trip in a long time that I have not been traveling with our friends from St Andre ....But you know what... I think that wherever the Lord leads us.... our friends will be there . Thank you to all those that came out to support us and give us a real send off. ......oh ya.... we raised $7900 in one night .....I can just see Sammy dancing when he reads this in Latinta Guatemala where Possibilities International is leading a team right now to......well that's another story. I will tell you about that tomorrow

1 comment:

  1. Hey buddy Don,

    Thank God I was able to find your blog...been sooooo busy with the past months (change of job again etc...) thanks for droppin by.

    Does your email addy on your profile still working...kindly reply on my blog to let me know.

    God bless, man! and hope to catch up with you soon =)

    /jef

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead....Make my day!