Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Wednesday, February 27, 2008

A Lake of Frozen Water

Here is a picture of my friend Terry and I standing on Lake Nippising. The ice was about 30 inches thick. You can see several cars parked on the ice to the left of us. This is an icefishing parking lot. Others chose to simply drive directly to their huts. I drove my car out just to say I did.

Every year a car or two gets lost. Last month two ladies parked on the ice just out from the North Bay Water treatment plant. The water is much warmer there and consequently less stable. Their truck went down and it cost thousands of dollars to have it salvaged and pulled from the lake. One of the ladies was quoted as saying “there should be some warning signs” So for those of you who weren’t really sure, here is a blanket warning.

It is not recommended to drive any vehicles on frozen water….but did it stop me?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead....Make my day!