Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Friday, August 08, 2008

Emerald Lake Camp!



I found a home for my bus! Its on Emerald Lake in West Temagami. Its at the top end of a logging access road known as 805. It runs North from River Valley. The first time I saw this lake I fell in love with it. We had taken the trip up and I was car sick. When we had arrived, I stumbled out of the car and lay down at the end of the dock. With one hand in the water, I fell asleep. That one hour nap was like a weeks vacation! The water rippling under my head, the cool breeze from the lake, the distant sound of the loon. It was golden and when I woke up, my sickness was gone. Now a year later, I shall return.

The beauty of this spot is that I can leave my bus parked 365 days. There are showers, washrooms and facilities. There is running water BUT no electricity. There is docking and a small community of “old timers”. Looks like I can “move in” for the Labor Day weekend. Also, the camp is open year round as this lake is very popular as an ice fishing destination. There is a healthy stock of Lake Trout in this lake.

I am pretty excited and look forward to spending some week vacations up there. I am most interested in doing some overnight canoe trips to get to some more remote spots. I am investigating the trail that takes one over o the old growth forest. A few portages takes me to Lake Temagami or Lake Obabika.

I am feverishly getting things ready. I have to arrange a one way trip permit for the bus. This weekend she should be almost road worthy. I think getting the bus up there is going to be an adventure on its own!

Cheers

1 comment:

  1. Lake trout are absolutely delicious but catching them is like reeling in an old shoe. I can never tell when I have one on my line whereas I've had large mouth bass not much bigger than my Rapala bend my rod under the boat and dance on their tails on top of the water trying to spit the hook.

    What an amazing country this is.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead....Make my day!