Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Wednesday, August 20, 2008

One of Lifes Great Joys

Every year around this time the Grackles (Blackbird-like birds) gather in our trees. We have about 20 massive Maple trees that line our property. The grackles usually stay for a day and then they are gone. It is quite a sight to behold and the sound is like a symphony. I consider this occasion as one of lifes great joys…almost like the first Robin of spring. Well actually this is a lot more spectacular! The sound is so loud that one has to raise ones voice to be heard over the “grackle” of 10,000 birds. One year I got the idea of going to the center of my property and then made a loud CLAP. That clap sent all 10,000 birds into the air and away they went. It was incredible listening to the whoosh of 20,000 wings, but sorrowful to lose the symphony of sound. This morning my wife and I chose the silent approach. We stood out on our deck and soaked it all up because when we return home tonight they will all be gone. It will be one more year until the next grackle symphony…..One of lifes great joys and truly a gift from God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead....Make my day!