Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Pieces of the Puzzle


I arranged an ATV for my vacation in the north. I have been talking with my buddy about buying the machine from him for the last 2 years and never put it together. I asked him if he would be willing to rent it to me for the week. He said “you’re kidding right”. I said NO, I really need a bike for vacation. He said “how much”? I said I would give him $500.00 for the week. (It would be $1000.00 to rent it from the dealer up there) He told me to go &*%$ myself. He told me there is no way he would rent it to me BUT, if I gave him a piece of pizza he would give it to me. So a deal was struck. I gave him 2 pieces of pizza and I pick up the bike next week. It will come with a canoe rack….thats cool! It has a heavy duty winch that I plan on needing. It has a lifter kit and extra skid plates which will come in handy. It also has rack compartments for camping. I’ll get him to remove the gun rack. I wont bee needing that. The only shooting I will do is with my camera.

I drove my bus to the mechanics last night and it barely made it. That is only a 15 minute drive. There is no way it will make an 8 hour journey! I think it’s the water pump. He will throw a used one on, do a lube, oil and filter…..heavy on the grease! He will check my brakes AND will lend me his dealer plate for the journey. He is a great mechanic as I know I can trust him AND he works to suit budget.

Ever noticed how the preparations for a trip are as fun as the trip itself? All the eager anticipation. The ups, the downs, making, breaking and changing plans. I guess not all trips are like that….BUT mine are!

dw

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead....Make my day!