Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Monday, September 22, 2008

Deciding to Give


After doing some re-financing to pay for my septic and to clear all my debts, I have a little financial breathing room....not much...but enough allow us to give to a cause. We had thought about another sponser child through Christian Childrens Foundation. However, seeing the impact and the things my brother is doing in Kyrgystan, we decided it would be much better if we sponsered him. My brother and his wife Julie have invested a lot of personal money, time and effort in order to make a differance in peoples lives in Kyrgystan.
He and I were talking and I asked him if there was a way to have an automatic monthly withdrawl from my credit card. I am going to share with you how to do that and I ask you to please do the same. You simply go to http://actofkindness.blogspot.com/.
I am doing this right now as I write this blog. On the upper right hand side I am clicking "donate now through CanadaHelps.org." At the "fund designation" tab, open and click on "The Wright Stuff". I then selected "Repeating donation, deducted monthly from my credit card" I am filling out the stuff and chosing a donation amount. Follow through a number of screens and Voila! You have just made a really big differance in a childs life! You have just impacted an entire community.
John and I were talking and he felt that if he could find 400 people to give just $10.00 per month, then this would go a very long way. $10.00 per month is nothing and would hardly be felt in the pocket book...even in hard times. $10.00 a month from 400 people would be a really large blessing. Such a small amount could mean so much....hmm you know....If you thought that 400 was a lot of people, then $20.00 a month would reduce the number to 200 people.

I realize that this might sound a little forward but I ask you to please follow the link and donate anything. Any amount. $10.00 is nothing and you would be storing some real treasures. If you are shy or want some proof, then go to the blogspot and read for yourself. If you want my bro to come and talk to your organization, he will. He will bring pictures and proof of changed lives, of hope and dignity. He will tell you stories that will make you cry. When you give, your own life will be enriched. You will be intrinsically rewarded. How do I know? Ask any of the millions of people who give to charity.

I watched a guy go to the counter at a convenience store to get "his usual" as the attendant called it. His usual was scratch and win lotto tickets. He spent "just $10.00 bucks." I sense that he goes weekly maybe even daily for his fix of "hope". I can guarantee you that if he was to toss the loto tickets and give that money to a chosen charity like this, than he would live a much more satisifed and fulfilled life. Giving is like that. This might even sound a little selfish, but for the selfish person I may be on to something. Here it is.....The more you give, the more you get. How do you like them apples?....

There. I just got my confirmation. I am filled with satisfaction knowing that my small monthly gift has just made everlasting change and that my small amount, together with your small amount will multiply in the lives of these people. I feel like a million bucks.

Thankyou Lord for this opportunity. Thankyou Lord that You multiply our offerings. Thank You Lord that You have taught us to love, care and support each other. Thank You for the priviledge that is mine to know You Lord God. Thank You for calling people like John and Julie to be Your hands and feet. Thank You Lord for allowing me to be a thread in their garments.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Don,

    Just came across your blog and your wonderful act of kindness!

    I work for CanadaHelps (thanks for the plug!) and thought you might be interested in knowing about our Giving Pages.

    You can facilitate your campaign idea through this peer-to-peer fundraising tool. It's really easy to set up. Just describe your cause, set a goal and send the note out to your network.

    You can watch your campaign grow and your friends will get their tax receipts immediately.

    Sorry - didn't mean to be giving you a "pitch" but thought this tool would be helpful in your fundraising efforts.

    Best wishes to your brother and his wife and the work they are doing to help others.

    Zenia

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead....Make my day!