Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Kway Kway - Greetings

Meegwich?I wasnt sure if I spelled this correct. I thought it was right initially as I found it on a website of Ojibway language. Last night, however, I saw the same word spelled several differant ways. I remember elder Larry saying how he and elder Alex have differant dialects. I realized that this Ojibway nation spanned thousands of miles across North America. So I decided that while researching and learning language, that I should focus on the ways and dialect of the Indians I have come in contact with......The Temagami First Nation or Teme-Augama Anishnabai... SO......the correct spelling of Thank you is Miigwetch! ....I think. I found this spelling on http://www.temagamifirstnation.ca/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead....Make my day!