Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Meegwich - Thankyou






Fittingly, I learned my first Ojibway word. It is meegwich, which means Thank you. We had such an amazing time! It was better than we had hoped. We learned about the old growth forest and about Ojibway customs and practice. I received some personal tutorage from one of the elders. I had the priveledge of hugging these beautiful trees. The old growth forest is a living perpetual garden that was given to us by God and has been cared for and loved by the first nations people for thousands of years. These trees grow slow. Some of the trees we hugged were over 250 years old! There are many sacred indian sites here. We want to return to explore and learn more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead....Make my day!