Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Tuesday, September 02, 2008

We made it!

We left home in convoy at 7:30 on Friday evening. The bus ran well but we had to make several stops. There was a lot of banging and knocking. I became convinced that if this old bus made it Emerald Lake it may have to stay at Emerald Lake. At one point I pulled over and got under the bus looking for the source of all the banging. It was there that I lost my cell phone. (Sue and Ron found it on their route home a few days later) At around 12:30 AM we got spot checked by RIDE (police looking for alcohol and drunk drivers) I was concerned as I was not really travelling legit. The bus made a heck of a racket as the policeman asked me questions. We all sailed through as we had not been drining. We made it to Mikes place around 1 - 1:30am.

On Saturday morning we ran into town and stocked up on supplies and by 3pm we were set up in the most awesome crown land spot on Emerald. Absolutely 100% free. I drove to the Emerald Lake Trailer Camp and introduced myself. They took me around the park and I chose the most amazing lot. Mike and I split the cost and have leased the lot for one year. After our vacation in the bush, we shall driver her to her final resting spot at the Park.

The facilities are great. There is a common beach front with docks, a beach, sauna, big fire pit and a view that is sure to sooth your soul. There is a common heated washroom with running water and hydro in the morning and night. There is a nice little outhouse really close to our camp. There is an office/restaurant/tuck shop. The park has around forty sites. We share a secluded area in the corner with someone who only comes up in the winter for ice fishing. Our area is about 50 feet by fifity feet. We back onto bush and there is a really neat potential rock garden.

We took a four hour tour with our ATV's. We went to Lake Wawiagama, Obabika River, Goose Falls and Iron Lake. I drove my ATV into the Lake and got stuck because it was there that I learned my 4 wheel drive was not functioning. Mike winched me out and I was a little more cautious moving forward.

Sue and Ron left and Mike and I hauled the ATV's to his place. Mine is in pieces in his shop. We will go to the dealership in an hour and pick up the part and hopefully get reassembled and back to camp by this evening.

Tommorrow we plan on an overnight excursion where we will have to bring extra fuel. We are going to camp out at the far reaches of drivable territory. We will find ourselves an aesome place to hang out for a while. Eat, sleep, drink, fish are all on the menu.

By for now......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead....Make my day!