Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Saturday, December 06, 2008

Beauty and Pain

Absence makes the heart grow fonder?
I have found that beauty and pain
instead
Are two things that make the heart beat
Stronger
Longer

The laugh and the cry
The weep and the smile
The ups and the downs
and
The heart breaks and mends
with the heartbeat
of these two things

Her beauty takes away my pain
Yet it visits me
again
and again
Was I not to be so richly blessed
That I could leave pain to the rest
And revel in the beauty
that I have gained?

No
for without one
I cant appreciate the other.
If there were no pain,
then beauty would have no meaning.
It would be vain.
If there were no beauty,
then pain would overtake me
It would break me

Her beauty is a gift
it keeps me dreaming
It keeps me singing and indeed
Like a fine wine
Gets better with age
Better with each passing day
Better with each tear.
And as I struggle
With Beauty
And pain
Many things change
Many things stay the same.
and Beauty
and Pain
They remain
As lovers and friends

1 comment:

Go ahead....Make my day!