Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Thursday, December 25, 2008

Dear God

Dear God

I am constantly amazed at your greatness. As I ponder of Your creation, I am in complete awe. You are so incredibly………incredible! As I consider all You have given us, and all we have destroyed I am left with utter shame. You have continuously shown us mercy and grace…exercised such great faithfulness, and wisdom and love. Lord God, I have come to understand that the only thing I could possibly give You of any value would be myself; after all, it was You who created me and breathed Your breath of life in me. It is You Lord, that gives me hope. It is You Lord that has given me forgiveness and acceptance. Lord God, my life belongs in You, for it is there that I feel You are calling me. It is there Lord that You call us all. Again I ponder Your greatness and my weakness. It’s a battle Lord. It seams I am at constant odds with myself. I have to continually measure myself to Your Word otherwise I feel like I return to my vomit. Why is that Lord? I know Your Word and I know Your statutes, yet there is this nature in me that pulls me to make the wrong decisions. Lord God, I believe that I am a righteous man, yet I know that I could never be good enough to merit Your favor. I try to be good and I guess to a large extent I am good and to an even greater extent You have made me good. I have much to be thankful for. You have blessed me with so many ways. Lord god, as I consider my journey of life, I am so grateful that You are there. I am so grateful that You called me to follow You. I give You glory, honor and praise. Today, as we celebrate Your rebirth in us, let us do so with great joy and introspection. Help me Lord to walk the path You have chosen for me. Help me Lord to follow You yet forgive me because I get lost a lot. Of course You already know that. You are God.

Your boy,
don

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead....Make my day!