Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Patti Rainbow


"friendship turtles" © copyright 2009 Patti Rainbow

"rainbow trout"© copyright 2007 Patti Rainbow

"big red in the tub" © copyright 2005 Patti Rainbow


Patti Rainbow is my favourite artist, even though I suppose one would have to characterize her work as "craft" I find it funny, that when I think of art, I am refering to paintings, yet when I consider my favourite artist, her work is craft. I suppose its because of her constant postive creativity that I love her work so much...but it goes deeper.
Patti Rainbow was born in USA and came to Canada along with a number of other peace lovers. She settled here and began local arts and crafts. She has relied solely on her hands and great imagination and spirit to make a living all her life. She has taught and continues to teach others her various forms of art. She helped put my wife through school by employing her at the store. Through her, so many more crafters and artists were touched and given venue and creedance. She knows so many cool people. People of love and peace and positive creativity.
I am constantly amazed at her talent to turn stuff into beauty. When I first met Patti, she was a stained glass artisan. Prior to that she was a beads person. She ventured into water colour painting with her own "smiley" brand of positive caracture style painting.
Patti moved away to bless Southern California where there again she taught and encouraged so many young artists. Some have moved on to do great things. Patti returned to us a few years ago and she brought with her a whole new fresh batch of loving creativity.
Patti began to make whimsical wire art and those wonderful Freindship turtles. She is an absolute artist at heart and has served as both friend and mentor, teacher and guide. As I mentioned before, Patti reinforced in me the fact that there are very powerful spiritual forces at work. The battle between good and evil, positive and negative, all play out in this world. She showed by action and deed, and told me clearly that we must walk in the light of truth and peace and love. Patti made me a hippi. Not the hippi of the 60's, but a new generation of "hippis at heart"
So now I honour my great freind and kindred spirit Patti Rainbow
I love you sister
dw

1 comment:

  1. you brought tears to my eyes. Thank you again...I guess Artisan or Folk Artist could best describe me.I have been very fortunate to be able to make my living doing something I love and I can share it with others. I love to see smiles on peoples faces when they look at my art...I want to spread peace, love and joy.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead....Make my day!