Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Friday, April 03, 2009

Shift in Basic Understanding


"You may not fully appreciate it yet but this is a huge shift in basic understanding."

What shift? What understanding?

Let me back up a bit. I have lived my Christian life being told, believing and understanding that if one did not believe in Christ, then one is going to Hell. I have always, and still do believe that there is no way to heaven without Christ. BUT, that does not mean that if you do not believe in Christ right NOW then you are going to Hell. Sounds strange? Let me explain…

My studies of the Word and inner whispering tell me there will be a final judgment day or judgment time in which all people will have the opportunity to accept or reject. I no longer believe that the judgment time is now.

To my sister in Christ, I say, though your mother has not accepted Christ right now, there will be a time in which she “stands” before Him. Who do you think she will choose? I know her. You know her better. We both know the choice she will make.

To me, who’s son is confused about many religious things, and chooses instead to seek his own way, I say….There will come a time where he will have to reconcile this with God. The time is not necessarily now. The time will be when God decides. My son will have an opportunity to make an informed choice. I know in my heart what choice he will make.

So I now have to say….what about the “here and the now”. I need to tell you that my faith in God and Jesus Christ has helped me immensely here and now. It has filled me with purpose and mission. I have defined myself today, by who or what I believe God wants me to be. It just so happens that I, like others, have then mixed in a whole bunch of humanity cultural stuff that must make God “shake His head”. There will be a time when I, me, don will have to account before God. On that day, I hope and pray and believe with a blessed assurance that I will know Him and He will know me. I will accept Him just as I do today, except at that time I will be free from my humanity and culture.

So what about those who do not believe Now, even though they have been told. Is that not rejection? It may seem like rejection NOW, but NOW is not judgment time.
What they miss right now is the wonderful relationship that they can have with Christ.
I have read where my relationship and knowledge of God was “pre-ordained”. What about those who were not “pre-ordained”? Shall they go to Hell? Does God not love them too? As Christ said “ If I chose to have him wait until I return…Whats that to you?...You follow me.”

The significance to me is that I can rejoice in and with all my brothers and sisters around the world from all religions and cultures. As I mentioned, I have met Godly people from ALL religions.
Some of my Christian friends say they are going to hell because they reject Christ NOW. I see rather, an individual who has devoted him or herself to seeking the creator and has not yet come to know Christ. Their culture, their friends and family, and their “religion” take over and tell them the framework in which to believe. They find themselves believing different things than I. Since my understanding is that no one goes to heaven without Christ, I then might fall into the trap of believing that because they don’t believe in Christ NOW, they are going to Hell.

When I stop and consider the prophesy regarding the New Covenant I now believe it is yet to be fulfilled.

"Behold, days are coming," declares the LORD, "when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah, not like the covenant which I made with their fathers in the day I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt, My covenant which they broke, although I was a husband to them," declares the LORD. "But this is the covenant which I will make with the house of Israel after those days," declares the LORD, "I will put My law within them and on their heart I will write it; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. "They will not teach again, each man his neighbor and each man his brother, saying, 'Know the LORD,' for they will all know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them," declares the LORD, "for I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more." Thus says the LORD”

Is this a fulfilled prophesy? I think not. I think this prophesy is yet to be fulfilled. What do you think? Is this a fulfilled prophesy?...read carefully.

I realize that for many, this is all quite head trippy. I think that if you stop and ask yourself about the fulfillment of this prophesy, you too may end up at the place I am….. Completely reliant on Gods grace. Stop and ponder this and tell me if you agree with this comment and interpretation. Stop and ponder..what does this mean to me and my understanding?

"You may not fully appreciate it yet but this is a huge shift in basic understanding."


2 comments:

  1. That wsa beautiful. I couldn't agree more.

    RR

    ReplyDelete
  2. A small pause for reflection...

    Easter is this coming weekend.

    But tomorrow is known as the "preparation day". It was this day (14 days from the sighting of the new moon in the first day of the month) that Israel took a lamb and slaughtered it and marked the door posts and lintel that the angel of death would passover their house that they might be saved. And it was this day that Jesus died and was buried so long ago. His blood, that we might be saved.

    Peace and God's blessing on you and your house.

    RR

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead....Make my day!