Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Friday, August 21, 2009

What is a Name? - Email From a Friend

This is one of the cool things about the Internet. An old internet friend dropped by my blog for a visit. He read my post regarding my search for a Spirit name and he sent me this email. Thank you my friend. Wonderful thoughts. I appreciate your friendship and your nurturing spirit......
.
Perhaps “true” names cannot be spoken.
Perhaps “true” names can be spoken by only One.
Perhaps “true” names tell you everything about a person,
from the exact colour they were when they came from the womb
to what they had for breakfast.
Maybe they describe your heart,
Or maybe they describe the place
at which you feel most at peace.
.
I read a book recently in which people could have their true names etched upon them – a “graving”, they called it. A spiritual tattoo. The true names told you everything about a person. When one spoke his True name, the very room shook with power. He had the power to write new names onto people – to rewrite a graving, to change someone’s true name. The person changed... their past, their present, their future... moulded to the new name set upon them.
.
Perhaps your “real” name takes a lifetime to pronounce,
for the telling of it continues with every passing moment.
.
What is a name?
Is it different to what people call you?
Is a name simply a word,
or is it a meaning?
Did all names once have meaning?
Wright.
Were your ancestors perhaps ship wrights?
Was that who they were,
or was it what they did?
.
From myself,
from everything that I am,
and everything I have ever been.
From all the names I have used,
from all the names I have ever been known,
and from everything I have ever been called.
.
May you find peace, brother,
may you find what you seek.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead....Make my day!