Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Friday, February 19, 2010

More Memories and STUFF


Ya so here are my new glsses. They make me sick. I hate them but they are my new best friend. I wasnt able to read part numbers for my job and since I'm in sales, part numbers are everything. I first realized when I was painting. HaHa..I felt like I was having out of body experiences as my vision was drifting and zoning out while painting. Concerned I went to the doc and he started to laugh. Such is life of a plus 45 year old.

Oh and I think I'm gonna shave the goat. My wife keeps tugging on it. I did decide though that I wasnt going to touch a razor until Canada brings home the Gold in Hockey. Given our performance last night, I might have to keep it for another 4 years! HaHa...But everyone knows that our ladies are gonna save the day. In case you dont know, Canada is Hockey and Canadian women are tops. Our Canadian women, aside from being gorgeous and talented, always save the day for us.

The real estate agent told us to paint the house nuetral so I picked antique white. The place is starting to look like a sanitarium. Oh and as she stpped ionto the kitchen, the floor went SSKKKRRREEEEEEETTTCCCCHHH.
Haha..when I bought the place the kitchen floor had a creak. So last night I fixed the creak. It took 3 minutes and 3 screws. My wife was astonished. You mean to say we lived with that noise fopr 20 years????? HaHa, wekll this morning she walked ointo the kitchen and stopped at where is used to screak. She said...I miss that creak! I rememebr how I used to have to stewp over it when our children were just babies so as not to wake them up.

A freind said to me that now that my house is getting all fixed up and painted, I wont want to leave. Well actually now that my hopuse id sickening white and all the character is being beat out odf it, really there is nothing left for me here except memories.

Oh and today I become a great Uncle, my mom becomes a great grandmother, my brother becomes a grand father and my nephew becomes a dad. Today is indeed a wonderful day!

All praise and glory to God
dw

3 comments:

  1. Well done Uncle Don...

    We needed every available tweak of superstition to win - and it worked! (Been to the Barber yet?)

    Canadian kids represented Canada with glowing hearts. For an Olympic fan(atic) like me - it was the best of times.

    True Canadians, like our Olympians, exhibit class and consideration whenever the opportunity presents itself. I couldn't imagine "not" being Canadian.

    What I long to see is a fire lit in the hearts and minds of Canadians that won't be put out. I want to see Trudeau x 1000, invading our greedy World with active, insightful leadership. Why not us?

    Let's launch a Canadian made "Own the Planet" campaign and see where it takes us.

    One of the highlights of my life was watching Pierre circumnavigate the Globe to end the Cold War. People attribute it to Reagan's threats, like "Star Wars" and "Tear down that wall". Few remember that it was Trudeau who went to each and every nuclear power, on both sides of the wall, and demanded that they take their itchy fingers off their triggers.

    Canadians are cool eh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering the other day how your back has been? Has the new medicine held up to the test of time?

    RR

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha...yes I shaved the goat. Superstition or Tradition.....its all good....and fun! I am remiss to not comment on oour Canadian excellence. Yes Stardreamer, we live in a wonderful inspiring and great country.

    Hey RR, the Valerian Root started to make my skin crawl. After a certain amount of time it is prudent to stop and I did. I have been trying exercise again and also, the old standby and a hot bath works very well.

    cheers and blessings to all....

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead....Make my day!