Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Sunday, March 28, 2010

Reality Documentary Drama

This country boy found himself downtown yesterday, with some time to kill. Every time I go downtown, its a wierd adventure and Saturday was no exception. I called a budd for directions to my destination, only I was so overwhelmed with input, I failed to see the sign. I ended up driving around the block and when I arrived, I couldnt find the destination. I called a freind who looked it up on the net and he said, but you better hurry cause they close at 5pm! The time was 4:56 when I illegally parked and then ran to my destination. Just as I got to the door, the latch locked....sorry...we are closed. He avoided eye contact to insure that I could sway him in any way. Oh well, so I settled for an authentic sometherother. I ate it on my lap in their store as they carried on in some sort of spanish dialect. I cant remembr what it was, but it sure was tasty. So I decided to make my way out of the city, having not accomplished my goal. I took the long route. I found myself, in the face of discouragement, in need of a steak and that is where this reality drama really blossomed!

I went to Master Steaks on Dixie just north of the 401. Its kinda like a truckers cafeteria style steak house. You order, wait, take your tray of steak and try and find a clean table. As I was waiting there were three people who had just finished. I saw as the man took a crisp 5 dollar bill and shoved it under his plate. The other gentleman said, you dont need to leave a tip at the cafeteria...thats too generous. The other man smiled and said Oh well and they got up and left. I sat down with my dinner at one of the last remaining clean tables. With that, a dishwashing gentlman hurryed out of the back and briskly cleaned up the tables. I watched as he reached the plate with the $5. It was priceless. He quickly looked in all directions before reaching snatching the bill. He quickly stuffed it in his pocket and once again looked in all direction. Then and only then did his face erupt in a smile. It was priceless. He was not aware that I was watching. He continued his job with a little stride in his step. I could tell it meant the world to him. I could also sense a lot of differant vibes from his expressions and manuerisms that perhaps suggested where this man had been in life. Perhaps the drama was just in my head.

On my way home I suddenly thought about a spirit sister of mine. I hadnt talked to her in at least 3 years. Suddenly, I was compelled to call her. I tried a number of times from memory but couoldnt rememebr. I thought, I really must call her.

After church today, I went to sing for and with another sister of mine. She has been battling cancer and I must say doing a fine job at it. She was strong and full of hope and peace. We sang together right there in her store. Shoppers coming in enjoyed the music as well. While we were talking she told me that my spirit sister, who I had thought of suddenly the day before, had had a bad fall and was suffering. She had hit her head. She is on disability and practically bed ridden. She herself is a singer and hasnt been able to sing a note, or concenrtrate. Needless to say, I understood why it was important to see her.

I went to her and her hubbys place. It was good to hug and hold for a while. Surely I missed her. Why and how we drift apart is a mystery. We all talked about life as we saw and have experienced. My sister is in great pain and the song has been taken from her. She lasted an hour and then had to go to bed. It hurts to see her in pain.

I must ponder and pray about this reality drama. Its not just some TV show created for my pleasure. Its the real deal, real people, real reality.

Jesus said whatever you have done or not done for the least of those among us, you have done or not done to Me. Its a paraphrase but the thing He was telling me is that WE'RE IN THIS TOGETHER. Truly, He and His love is inseparable from ALL. Thats how I need to relate people. Thats how I need to Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead....Make my day!