Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Thursday, April 15, 2010

Canadian Mint Promotes Fraud

In my opinion, The Canadian Mint is promoting fraud and therefore counterfiting Candadian currency, when they create "medallions" that are exact size, shape and composition of a true Canadian Quarter.


I received a wierd "quarter" as change from a vending machine. I had never seen one before. It felt real. It looked official. So I started surfing the net looking for it. I could not find pictures. I realized there was no amount on the coin and that the coin did not have the CANADA on it. I was afraid that it was not legal tender and that I had just been the victim of a crime. I was concerned that I now was therefor in possession of a counterfit quarter, so I contacted the Canadian Mint. 

I received an email from a representative confirming that I was in possession of a medallion, not a coin. Also, much to my shock, they confirmed that they themselves produced the counterfit quarter. When I asked him how I could redeam that, he said "go to a coin collector". In other words, it appears as though the Canadian Mint therefor, doesnt stand behind the value of the counterfit quarter which they prefer to call "medallion".

I told the rep that I was going to put it in the vending machine downstairs and when I did, I would be committing fraud for passing counterfit currency. I asked the rep how many times Canadians have knowingly or unknowingly committed fraud because of even this one coin.

The rep told me that everyone knows that if there is no picture of the Queen on the coin, then it is not worth a quarter. It must have the Queens picture on it. I dont consider myself an unlearned person, BUT I never knew that! Without the Queens picture it is NOT Canadian currency. OOOPs wait a minute, I dont see the Queens picture on this $5.00 bill. Dont tell me I have another counterfit!

Dont feel too sorry for me. I found it on Ebay and they want $9.99 for it. So I guess I shouldnt complain, but darnit. Oh I asked him how he felt about purposley confusing blind people by creating a fake and a real Canadian Quarter. His answer? At least one person in the transaction would have eyesight, therefor the mistake would not be made. I told him, actually what he just did was to incriminate the blind man, when he unnowing put it in the vending machine where I first came in contact with this darn counterfit quarter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead....Make my day!