Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Friday, April 30, 2010

Seed of Creation

"Seed of Creation" Copyright don wright 2009

I had a good chuckle, because I have an opportunity to possibly put my paintings in a gallery. I have to have six pieces for the gallery and six pieces on reserve as stock or portfolio. I chuckle because I've pretty much given away most of my paintings. I had made the decision that I didnt want to sit and look at my own art. I felt it was best if I shared them with the people they were destined for.

I gave this one to my buddy Ron because he is my theological and philosophical sparring partner. We have helped each other in our search for understanding. I specifically shared this with Ron because he gets it. He understands what I am trying to say here. He received this gift with great gratitude which truly made me feel uplifted.

This painting is a culmination of my own understanding of creation and re-creation after the flood. My Anishinaabe brothers share the deeper understanding and appreciation of flood epic, and re-birth. I had read that while Noah had an ark, the Son of the creator had a turtle. This turtle, is a picture of salvation and the creators magnificent grace. In the turtle, I put the seed of creation. For me, this is Jesus. This is source. The circle of duality is the tension of being fully God, yet fully man. The pink ray that divides the sky from the water and acts as womb for the seed, is the very spirit of God.

All my painting stuff is "put away" until I am relocated. I have a few more paintings to give away and then I will have nothing, except a really really big desire TO PAINT AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7 comments:

  1. Pretty decent Don. I'd say you are already a better painter than Christian Morrisseau. Just keep signing your name on them, OK?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is certainly a great honour for me, especially as I happen to really like the paintings that Christian has signed his own name to. I am looking at one now, as I keep it beside my computer. It has such innocence and I love the "young" designs and lines and colours. I think that Christian Morrisseau has great talent. I have been challenging myself about this and I think I should do a post on Christian.....I am after all "a relation".
    don

    ReplyDelete
  3. He may be a painter but he's no artist. If you want to discuss Christian do a post about these


    CHRISTIAN MORRISSEAU MAKING MONEY


    CHRISTIAN MORRISSEAU MAKING MORE MONEY


    CHRISTIAN MORRISSEAU MAKING EVEN MORE MONEY


    CHRISTIAN MORRISSEAU PLANNING TO MAKE MONEY


    CHRISTIAN MORRISSEAU v NORVAL MORRISSEAU


    Christian is no friend to my friend Norval...

    And there is nothing innocent about him. Here is a slice of his criminal record.


    CHRISTIAN MORRISSEAU's RECORD


    You are the innocent one, my friend. Even being compared to him dishonours you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My goodness, thats quite a rap sheet he has. I suppose some sort of repentance, or "death to self" would be in order, lest he should remain adrift in a very dark ocean of anger.

    This little picture I hold in my hand is innocent with childlike beauty. So why am I attracted to it? Is this the innocent child in him, longing for truth? Is it my romantic vision that there be reconcilliation? Is it my "libra-ness"

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is your love for a hurt soul. Some people are drawn to the injured because of a spiritual empathy that is nurtured within. However, self inflicted pain is the hardest to console. Of all the Morrisseau's currently painting, Christian appears to me to be the only one with any real ability to connect with Spirit. It appears that he is held back by his inner torments and outer dark forces which manipulate and use that dark energy for their own profit.

    Can he ever make it to being a real artist? He has the potential but right now he is too busy in destroying himself to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. On the topic of the young Morrisseau (Christian) I would be inclined to add my point of view. I too own a CM piece, I had considered a second work until I was made aware of the whole issue surrounding Christian and others as it relates to the bigger picture of what may be wrong with the whole Morrisseau issue. I do like some of his works, there is some talent there but I believe he should have avoided certain people and done only his own. (if that is how this all turns out?) If in fact what is reported at various sites is true, his career is over. There will be no more sales for this artist. As he appears to be prolific like his father, he should have gone that route by himself. I will follow as the whole matter is of great interest and historical importance. Don your works are progressing rapidly. good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Christian Morriseau is finished, his short career is done! I have absolutely no respect for cowards like that....Good luck selling used moccasins Chimo, you coward.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead....Make my day!