Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Old Soul?


I went to a party last night and someone came up to me and we struck up conversation. She suddenly said, “let me see your eyes…oh my goodness….you are an “Old Soul” aren’t you?” Not knowing how to reply I said “Yes I am”. She said, “tell me where you have been” I surprised myself by saying “ I was a musician in Jerusalem in King David’s Court of praise…I lived on the banks of the Oban in Western Scotland and I lived close to what is now the Old Growth in Temagami. I beleive my spirit name is Waabaanakwad.” She was floored and so was I. When she asked if I have had an out of body experience, I said “Yes….that is why I have to wear glasses…haha “


This crazy little exchange got me thinking…..While I don’t believe in re-incarnation, I believe that there is a cosmic consciousness or connectedness in which we all share. Its kinda like an instinct thing or an innate access to source. I have been trying to understand why I believe I have had multiple existences here on earth. The best I can tell is that somehow, someway, I have access to the ancients knowledge or have access to the Spirit which reveals these things. Perhaps there is some DNA strand that passes ancient knowledge kinda like instinct does. Perhaps I and many others just like me, just have very active imaginations. Perhaps all this talk makes for a self fulfilling prophesy. Whatever it is, I can not shake these distant “memories” or thoughts of memories.

Why do I believe I was a musician in King Davids Court of Praise? Why do I smell the ocean and feel ancient bonnie Scotland in my being? Why, when I went on vision quest to Temagami, did I have the sense that I was coming home, or that I had been at that very spot before. I cried at the foot of the ancient three sisters (trees) and my wife thought I was a weirdo. When I crouch down to take water from a lake, I feel like I have been doing this for centuries. Why do I feel comfort to sleep in the wilderness with no fear. Why do I feel like the trees and animals talk to me? Why do I hear God’s voice talking to me? Why Why Why?

I went for mental health counseling and was told that if I hear or feel things like this, that I am perhaps suffering from a number of different mental issues…..haha..tell me something I don’t know.

In the meantime, if you have any thoughts, questions or ideas regarding past life memories or experience, please chime in. There is no way you could sound crazier than me!

4 comments:

  1. Yes I would definetly say that you are right ... there likely is some sort of mental health isue..hahaha... but that coming from your brother who felt safe leveing his 18 year old daughter in a central Asian country during a revolution...the same brother who has just givin up the last morsal of security holding us here so we could follow our calling into the foot hills of the Himilayan mountains to care for those that the world has forgotten.... when I walk through the valley... it is just right... I can't explain it, but I know that I am tied to the people and the country... every direction I look, I see towering snow caped mountains, and think " IF I just had the faith, I would tell them to move and they would" ... and some how that promise brings me strength in every situation... Bono sings that "He still hasen't found what he is looking for"... I am blessed ... I have....and through it all, I am sure that many would look at us and think we are nuts... but I don't care... I don't have to look any more...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are defo nuts but then look at Jesus!!!! One minute hes calm as a cue next hes flippin over tables and acting like a badass.

    I was thinking about cosmic consciousness and it's hard to think of a Borg-like knowledge base that we can all tap into when we get spiritual.

    Talking of spiritual. Even our thoughts and ideas are not who we are, but who we are is the person underneath those thoughts and ideas. Because i can have thoughts, so there must be a me to have those thoughts, so that me is spirit and...then i start thinking.

    I read in a book recently that ego (flesh, thoughts, ideas, self) is selfish and that our spirit isn't, it's just us. Like we're draggin around our sorry-ass mind and body that gets in the way of us being spirit lead.

    When i started to think it...that i am not my thoughts they just happen to me but i'm someone different underneath them all then i fel really peaceful, it was really weird kind of like out of body but just one breif moment when i really knew who i was. Like those machine the guys drive in the Martix movie or the weirdo creatures inside the darliks in Dr Who. Well maybe not them but you know what i mean.

    I love love love love LOVE that thunderbird blue belly. It's like it makes me want to touch it, like its belly is bumpy even on the screen here. You're soooo good at these paintings!!!

    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don...i called you but guess you were up North. You are not crazy...you were probably time shifting. I have always had the feelings that I used to live in Egypt by the pyramids and that I was a bracelet maker. I have always had the feeling that I lived in Atlantis and worked with crystals....I have always had the feeling that I was a settler with a wagon train and was scalped by the Indians...I have always had the feeling I could fly like a bird....am I Crazy too. ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  4. John you are crazy, but you are following Gods call. To not follow the call would be even crazier.

    Brenda, I'm beginning to think you are the only sane person amongst us.

    Now Patti...you and I have some talking to do. I laughed because I posed the question to a collegue who said " I was a rice farmer on the Nile" Who knows....maybe you sold him a bracelet!

    I'm not done with this yet......

    don

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead....Make my day!